Adding captions to your video
Captions are an amazing way to make your video more accessible to audiences and boost engagement. Captions are proven to have a massive impact on video performance, especially on social media.
How to use instant captions
You can add captions instantly to any video file that lives in your Wrappt library and edit them on the spot. Here's how:
- In your Wrappt library, select the video you want to add captions to
- Underneath the selected video resolution on the right, Select 'Add captions' and hit 'Confirm'. Captions will then be automatically generated for your video
3. You can adjust the font colour, font size and background colour of the captions
4. You can also adjust the text, timing and caption placement of every caption on the right of the screen
5. Once you have made any adjustments, press 'Finalise and export to library' to generate built-in captions for your video. This will now be available to download from the library
Turning captions on/off
Once captions have been generated, you can toggle them on and off by clicking 'Captions on/off'.
Editing your captions
To edit your captions after they’ve been finalised, delete the current captions first. When you re-edit them, all of the changes you made up to that point will be saved.
To do this:
- Select your video from the library
- Find the version of your video you want to use in 'Resolutions' and hit the three dots underneath
- Select ‘Delete’
- Re-select your video from the library
- Select the desired resolution
- Hit ‘Edit captions’’
- Make any adjustments to your captions
Press 'Finalise and export to library'.
Q. Why do I need to create captions separately for each version of my video?
A: Captions need to appear in different positions on screen depending on whether your video is in landscape, vertical or square resolution. To make sure your captions look good, we've enabled you to create and customise captions for every sized video you create.